Marcel Cooper, construction director of James Developments, said: “We find that today’s prospective purchasers are far more aware of environmental issues, emissions and the need for their homes to be sustainable. Purchasers increasingly look for cleaner, greener homes and are far more mindful of potential running costs.
"After comparing the benefits and costs of air source heat pumps with a traditional gas boiler solution and the attendant cost of bringing a gas main into the site and installing all the service ducts and meter boxes etc, we came to the conclusion that air source heat pumps were more cost effective and beneficial for us, as the developer, for our purchasers and, most importantly, for the environment.''
Tony Holland, southern area account manager for Oceanair, said: “Following the initial decision to go with the Panasonic systems, we had various meetings with all parties to agree on all aspects of choosing the correctly sized system and position of each individual install at Spire View. This has been a team effort between Oceanair and Panasonic from day one and the final result is a very satisfied customer.
“It is important when buying a heat pump to choose a reputable manufacturer who will provide a quality service, a comprehensive warranty and provide proper guidance about the buying and installation of heat pumps. The initial outlay of a sustainable heating system may be slightly higher, however buying from a reputable manufacturer will ensure a high-quality, long life product, low maintenance costs and the peace of mind that you’ve made an optimised investment. A reputable manufacturer will also have the confidence in their products to offer a comprehensive warranty, such as Panasonic’s seven-year warranty*1.”
Spire View consists of 20 new executive four and five bedroom homes, with the four bedroom homes having one en-suite and a family bathroom while the five bedroom homes have three en-suites and a family bathroom. Large high efficiency Aquarea hot water storage tanks ensure a constant supply of domestic hot water for the occupants.
The Aquarea Monobloc has a COP of 5.08 for the new 5kW range, is quiet in operation and offers a sustainable alternative to traditional boilers with zero emissions at point of use and a lower carbon cost than mains gas, oil, LPG and direct electric. All residents will benefit from reduced heating and hot water bills.
Tony Lathey, Panasonic’s UK air to water pre-sales manager, said: “Up to 80%*2 of the energy generated by air source heat pump comes from the air, with electricity making up the remaining 20%, so not only is this an extremely cost-effective alternative, but it is also environmentally friendly. With increasingly volatile energy prices, an air source heat pump is a great option to reduce overall energy bills by up to 60% (when compared to fossil fuel alternatives).”
The Aquarea Mono-bloc line-up can maintain the heat pump output capacity until -15oC outdoor temperature without the help of an electrical booster heater. The range is designed and produced by Panasonic and among the technologies listed on the International Energy Agency (IEA) Blue Map, whose goal is to reduce CO2 emissions to half the levels emitted in 2005 by the year 2050.
*1 Available via qualified Panasonic Accredited Installers subject to T&C’s.
*2 Compared to a direct electric system. Information provided by Aquarea customer.
The new air source units claim an A+++ energy rating at low temperatures such as 35°C or 45°C (new ErP labelling from September 2019).
All models are monobloc in design, single phase, DC inverter driven, have built-in weather compensation and base tray heating element. Each is also available as a pack consisting of the R32 heat pump and its key accessories.
They are available with a guarantee of up to 7 years (subject to full T&Cs and status).
Heat Pump News
Find the latest heat pump news here using the search bar or the categories.